- 12 peeled chestnuts
- 1 small onion
- 1 small cranny smith apple
- ¼ cabbage
1. Cook chestnuts in water for about 10 minutes and leave aside. Dice the onion and peel, core and dice the apple.
2. Melt 45g butter and add the onion and apple and cook gently, stirring occasionally until they have softened.
3. Shred the cabbage and add to the pan along with a little salt and a teaspoon of sugar. Put the lid on and leave the cabbage soften for about 8 minutes.
4. Add the chestnuts and gently mix through, leave them heat in the pan and serve, distributing the chestnuts as evenly as you can.
Another recipe by Beverley Sutherland Smith