400g Frozen peeled or pre-cooked vacuum-packed Cheznuts
400g Mushroom – Portobello, sliced
1 tbls Olive Oil or butter
1 Potato, diced
1 Onion – Brown, diced
1 clove Garlic, crushed
½ tsp Dried Thyme
1ltr Stock – Vegetable, hot
125ml Fresh Cream
• Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
• Add mushrooms, potato and chestnuts and cook for a further 3 minutes, when ingredients start to stick on the bottom of pot add thyme and ¾ of the hot vegetable stock.
• Simmer for 20 minutes and add cream, stir and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
• Take pot off heat and blend to smooth consistency.
• Adjust consistency with remaining vegetable stock.
• Serve with crusty bread.