400g Frozen peeled Cheznuts
800g Pumpkin, peeled & diced
1 tbls Olive Oil or butter
1 large Onion, diced
1 litre Stock – Vegetable, hot
¼ tsp Nutmeg, ground
1 clove Garlic, crushed
125 ml Cream
• Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
• Add pumpkin, chestnuts and nutmeg and cook for a further 5 minutes.
• Add ¾ hot vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
• Add cream and cook for further 5 minutes.
• Take off heat and blend until smooth consistency.
• Adjust consistency with rest of hot stock.
• Serve with crusty bread.