- 1 kg white flour (wheat).
- 0.5 litres milk,
- 2 eggs.
- Approximately 30 % crushed poppy seeds.
- Approximately 65 % cooked and minced chestnut kernels.
- Add milk to suit filling consistency.
- Sweeten with sugar or honey to desired level.
Please note: most housewives cook this without recipe and use their discretion.
1. Roll dough thinly, eg big sheet around 700 mm radius.
2. Fill one half of circle area with filling, fold the remaining empty half over the filled area and seal the ends.
3. Carefully divide the filled dough with a 5-8 mm thick piece of board into 70-80 mm squares.
4. Cut the squares with cutting wheel.
5. Fry the finished squares in a large pen containing suitably hot vegetable oil, until golden brown.